Most Anticipated: August 2018






Most Anticipated is a monthly feature that I use to talk about the upcoming books I'm excited about. August has a boatload of new releases that all sound so amazing. There were actually too many to include, so I only brought in the YA and middle-grade titles. Seriously, the best book release season is upon us, people, so let's get into it!


Toil & Trouble edited by Tess Sharpe and Jessica Spotswood
Witches! Halloween is just 90 days away and the best time of the year. I don't usually love anthologies but YA witches!!
We Regret to Inform you by Ariel Kaplan
I think it's really important that kids know there isn't one right path to follow to success and sometimes "failure" happens and you'll be okay. This shows a high school senior who receives rejections from the colleges she applied to. That's a story that I'm excited is finally being told.
Night Blood Elly Blake
I'm still behind in this series, but I plan to binge when I have all three in my hands. I absolutely loved book 1 and I have a lot of high hopes.
The Last Best Story by Maggie Lehrman
This sounds bonkers in the best way. A school paper, a crazy lockdown during prom, a romantic comedy somehow? I don't know but I can't wait to read it because it sounds like a wild ride.
The Dark Beneath the Ice by Amelinda Berube
Rereading the blurb before getting to this post has me so excited all over again. A YA horror,  you guys! There are ghostly things afoot and the main character is missing time, and there's even an exorcism. I'm a big chicken lately but that doesn't matter, I'm reading the crap out of this.
The Forest Queen by Betsy Cornwell
I love Betsy's writing. Her book, Tides, is one of my favorites. I can't wait for this Robin Hood adventure. And look at that cover! I have such high hopes for this and I know I won't be let down.
These Rebel Waves by Sara Raasch
So I have to admit, I don't have very high expectations for this for some reason. But that's not going to stop me from reading it anyway, because pirates! Who doesn't love a good pirate tale? 
Seafire by Natalie C. Parker
Once again, more pirates! Natalie C. Parker has always consistently delivered for me, from her paranormal series to her short stories in the collections I've read. I just love her style. I can't wait for this. "Sisterhood is survival" is such an epic tagline.
Dance of Thieves by Mary E. Pearson
So. I haven't actually read books 2 & 3 in the first trilogy, but it's on my list! I love Pearson's books, and The Kiss of Deception is so good. I can't wait to go on an epic binge.
Harbor Me by Jacqueline Woodson
Middle grade isn't something I usually read. It's just not for me in most cases. But I absolutely love Jacqueline Woodson. I've read a few of her books now and I know this one is going to be just as great as the others.
City of Ghosts by Victoria Schwab
I mean, it's Victoria Schwab! Of course, I'm going to read this even if it is middle grade. I follow her closely on social media and everything she says about this book makes me want it even more. And look, a cat!

2 comments

  1. Thank you for sharing this list, they all look so good. I am most excited for Toil & Trouble :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am reading We Regret to Inform You right now, and so far, so good. I am really enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete