Most Anticipated: December 2018






Most Anticipated is a feature here wherein I talk about exciting upcoming releases. It's not an exhaustive list by any means, just the next month's new titles that I personally can't wait to check out. December is a notoriously slow month for book releases. With all the holidays and everything, it's no wonder. There are only four titles to talk about today so let's get to it.


All the Wandering Light by Heather Fawcett [Goodreads]
I really, really enjoyed the first book to this duology, Even the Darkest Stars. It was incredibly original and had the most amazing sense of setting basically ever. I've been dying for this sequel to come out, too, since the first book ended on quite the revelation.

Stronger, Faster, and More Beautiful by Arwen Elys Dayton [Goodreads]
Every time I see this cover I think it's Natalie Portman lol. Anyway, this is a series of interconnected short stories that examine humanity through the lens of genetic modifications, androids, and things of that nature. It seems a little daunting for this reader; I don't read much hard sci-fi, if any, but it still sounds like a great read.

This Lie Will Kill You by Chelsea Pitcher [Goodreads]
I loved Pitcher's first thriller, The S Word, so I'm obviously pumped for this. The friend who told me about it also says it's in the same vein of One of Us is Lying, which I really wanted to like. I know this author won't disappoint me though, and hopefully I'll have read this before this post even goes live!

The Disasters by M.K. England [Goodreads]
Not gonna lie, what pulled me to this in the first place was the cover. The colors are just striking. Also, it's queer! Like I said earlier, science fiction is not my go-to genre, but this sounds almost reminiscent of a Han Solo type character and obviously I need that in my life.

What December releases are you looking forward to reading?

1 comment

  1. Yes, I'm super excited for All the Wandering Light, too! I have it preordered and everything. ^.^

    ReplyDelete