Most Anticipated: January 2019






Most Anticipated is a feature wherein I talk about new releases. This isn't an exhaustive list by any means, just the titles I'm most excited about. Guys, January is going to be awesome! So many sequels, follow-up novels, and more!


The Girl King by Mimi Yu [Goodreads]
Sisters, war, ambition, betrayal. Why are you hitting all my buzzwords at once? One of my best friends read this and LOVED it so I know it's going to be amazing. And I really, really like the cover.

The Wicked King by Holly Black [Goodreads]
I haven't actually read The Cruel Prince yet (although, I'm writing this October so maybe by the time it goes up, I will!) But that doesn't mean it's okay to exclude this from the list. Any new Holly Black title is going to excite me.

Undying by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner [Goodreads]
If you read Unearthed then YOU KNOW about that crazy ass ending. I need to know what happens and I need to know now!!

In An Absent Dream by Seanan McGuire [Goodreads]
I love this series so much. I didn't think the 3rd was the Best Ever, but that doesn't matter. When I heard the world was going to be expanded, I basically literally jumped for joy. The writing, the world, the characters, the premise--everything about this series is amazing.

Our Year of Maybe by Rachel Lynn Solomon [Goodreads]
I didn't even look at the blurb before snagging this arc and adding it to this list. I loved Solomon's debut to absolute pieces. It was just so authentic and realistic, the portrayal of surviving teenage girlhood and the beautiful and diverse representations of the Jewish faith and culture. I can't wait for more from this author.

The Cold is in Her Bones by Peternelle van Arsdale [Goodreads]
This is a Medusa retelling!!! MEDUSA. How often do you see THAT? I simply CANNOT WAIT.

Song of the Dead by Sarah Glenn Marsh [Goodreads]
Finally! I read an early copy of the first book so I've been waiting a while for this release. I am very interested in what's going to happen next, and I kind of feel an f/f/f love triangle brewing which makes me very excited.

Come Find Me by Megan Miranda [Goodreads]
I've enjoyed all the Megan Miranda books I've read so far, so I have high hopes for this. It sounds SO creepy, with weird alien messages and missing people. I hope it lives up!

99 Percent Mine by Sally Thorne [Goodreads]
If you haven't read The Hating Game yet, what the heck are you waiting for? It's one of my all-time favorite romance novels. I didn't even need to check the blurb or anything before I pre-ordered this. I am sooooooo hype.

What new releases are coming in January are you most excited to read?

2 comments

  1. I'm so pumped for The Wicked King! Can't wait for my preorder to come in :) I'm excited for 99 Percent Mine too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I haven't read The Cruel Prince either, but the Folk of the Air series does look really good! I think I might pick it up sometime this year ;) I'm definitely most excited for Leigh Bardugo's King of Scars. I've wanted to read from Nikolai's POV for so long!

    Eleanor | On the Other Side of Reality

    ReplyDelete