Plan With Me Book Tag

The Plan With Me Book Tag was created by What's My Page Again on YouTube

1. Pay Day - a book you would buy right now, cost doesn't matter!

I haven't even read this yet but I am still so salty that I'll forever have to live without the UK hardcover of Uprooted. If I had the means, I'd buy a copy right now, but people are NUTS if they think I'm paying those outrageous prices for a used copy.

 2. Pay a Bill - a book you'd get rid of right now

I have an ongoing stack of books to unhaul at basically all times. Right now, that stack consists of the Throne of Glass series.

3. Dr Appointment - a book that makes you feel better when you're down

So this is not the most lighthearted book in the world, but it's just so good. And sometimes it feel so, so good to read a well-written, well-crafted book. Especially during a rough week like this one, it's great to read something written so well that you just ease into it. So that's what I'm doing. Rereading for like the fifth time.

4. Meeting - a book you felt obligating to read because of the hype

  By hype I mostly mean "my friends screaming at me inceassantly" but that counts, right? I knew I couldn't put it off much longer so I read it earlier this year and it was amazing. I'm really glad I finally got to it and that it lived up to all the hype built up around it.

5. Lunch Date - a book or series you fell in love with after a friend recommended it to you

Well I guess I could just say Code Name Verity again, but I won't. How about The Prince and the Dressmaker by Jen Wang? This is honestly probably my favorite graphic novel of all time and I wouldn't have read it without Gaby and Gillian screaming at me about it.

6. Work Week - a book that was hard to get through

This was so astoundingly bad it's actually hard to believe. I thought it would be bad, but it was a thousand times worse than I ever imagined. It was painful to read, all the way from the writing to the world-building. 0/10 do not recommend.
7. Gym Day - a book that got your heart pumping because it was such an exciting page-turner
So I didn't LOVE this or anything but I could not put it down. I remember thinking about it even when I wasn't reading. There are a ton of heart-pumping and heart-stopping scenes in here too. Also, we need more YA horror and this is great for scares. 
8. Date Night - a book with your favorite romantic couple
I'm just going to make a really quick list. I can't just pick one.

Cruel Beauty - Nyx and Ignifex
Dark Triumph - Sybella and Beast
Legendary - Tella and Jacks
The Demon King - Raisa and Han
Gemina - Hanna and Nik

9. Vacation - a series you'd want to binge if you had all the time in the world

A Song of Ice and Fire for sure. I've had A Game of Thrones on my TBR multiple times but I just never get to it purely because of its size. There's nothing really stopping me from setting aside the time to just do it, but there's a mental block there for some reason that I am just unable to get over right now.

10. To Do List - a book you've been meaning to get to

This was one of my most-anticipated of the year. I mean, it's the finale. And I just haven't made myself sit down and read it. I am honestly terrified of what's going to happen in here and I know I need to just buckle down and do it. I will. Soon. I swear.

   

No comments