Top Ten Tuesday: Backlist Books We Want to Read

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl
This week we're talking about older books we want to read

Bekka's Picks
 1. The Bear and the Nightingale by Katherine Arden. This is really high up on my TBR right now because a few of my friends are reading the series and absolutely adore it. I've been waiting until I'm in the exact right mood for it, though, and I think that time is coming.
2. Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantel. I love historical fiction, particularly about the Tudors. I am what I am, and what I am is Tudor trash. But the thing is, this is supposed to be a trilogy, but only 2 of the 3 books are out! And it's been years. I want to read this but I'm scared! What if the final book never comes out.
3. Uprooted by Naomi Novik. Another one that comes highly recommended by all my friends and basically everyone in the world? I feel like winter is the perfect time to read it though, so it's coming soon for sure.
4. The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss. To be honest, I'm intimidated by a lot of adult fantasy. I'm obviously more in YA, where there are shippy feelings and everything is fast-paced. So being that this is adult fantasy and very, very long, I haven't read it yet. Even though it's supposed to be amazing.
5. Fortune's Pawn by Rachel Bach. If I'm intimidated by adult fantasy, it's nothing compared to adult sci-fi. I am not science brained and I have a hard time visualizing sci-fi concepts. So much of it flies over my head. But everyone loves this, especially one of my best friends, Jessie. So I want to read it! Sometime, I swear!

2 comments

  1. I really want to read The Wolf Hall!

    This is a very good list :)

    -Lena
    www.lenasnotebook.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you'll read The Bear and the Nightingale, it's one of my all time favorite series now! :)

    Tasya // The Literary Huntress

    ReplyDelete