Cake-Flavored Books Tag



This tag was created by Paper Fury like a year ago, but I don't think I did it then. I recently saw it on A Great Read and thought it would be the perfect light post to do over the weekend. Who doesn't love cake?


Chocolate Cake: a Dark Book You Loved




I don't know if you know this, but dark books are kind of my thing, from gritty fantasy to sad contemporary. My favorites include Drowning Instinct by Ilsa J. Bick, the His Fair Assassin series by Robin LaFevers, and the Scarlet series by A.C. Gaughen.

Vanilla Cake: A Favorite Light Read



I don't read a ton of light and fluffy books but one that always comes to mind for me is Poison by Bridget Zinn. Such a cute, funny fantasy. Like Georgia Nicolson but with poisons and magic.

Red Velvet Cake: a Book That Gave You Mixed Feelings



The first thing that comes to my mind is Reign of the Fallen by Sarah Glenn Marsh. I liked a lot of it, especially how messy and real the characters felt. That said, the ship was so weird to me and I wasn't really sure what the message was supposed to be. Still will read the sequel!

Cheesecake: a Book You Recommend to Everyone



This is a recent read for me, but I have to say Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein. It's smart, funny, clever, relatable, tragic; it seriously has everything.

Coffee Cake: a Book You Started But Never Finished



Oh, so many. I am not afraid to DNF a book if I don't like it, even on the first page! A recent DNF for me was Copycat by Hannah Jayne. I got to about 20% and I just didn't like the characters at all.

Carrot Cake: a Book With Great Writing



Oh, this is easy! Anything by Nova Ren Suma. I especially recommend The Walls Around Us. It's beautiful and gorgeous, both on the inside and the outside.

Tiramisu: a Book That Left You Wanting More



The Loneliest Girl in the Universe by Lauren James. The bad guy needed way better motivation. But more than that, this book needed an epilogue! The main character's life had been leading up to this one single event and we didn't even get to see it!

Cupcakes: a Series with Four or More Books



I don't LOVE super-long series. Sometimes I feel like they get too drawn-out and don't end well. Like Sookie Stackhouse. But one four-book series that I absolutely love is the Seven Realms by Cinda Williams Chima. 

Fruitcake: a Book That Wasn't What You Expected



I had to dig deep for this one because I think it's an inherently negative question and I wanted to put a positive spin on it. So my answer is Mind Games by Kiersten White, which I expected to be absolutely awful but is actually fantastic and led me to being a huge fan of White in general.

                 

2 comments

  1. These gifs make me so hungry! Great books made your list!

    Check out my TTT and celebrate my blogoversary with a giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard so many amazing things about His Fair Assassin, Code Name Verity, and The Walls Around Us! I read Poison some time ago, but I couldn't into it so I put in on hold. Great answers!

    Tasya // The Literary Huntress

    ReplyDelete