Top Ten Tuesday: Books Set at School

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl
This week I'm talking about books set at/during school

Alexia's Picks
1. The Similars by Rebecca Hanover. Clones + a mystery + boarding school = an Alexia favorite. Oh my goodness, I was completely OBSESSED with this book. I personally cannot wait for other people to read it.

2. People Like Us by Dana Mele. Mystery + blackmail? Gimmie it. This book was one of my most anticipated books of the year and I am thrilled to say that it did not disappoint me.

3. Heretics Anonymous by Katie Henry. A group of high school students at a fancy Catholic high school take on many of the school's teachings that they disagree with. It was hysterically funny for me. I loved reading it.

4. The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas. A brutal book about the shooting of an unarmed black teen and how his best friend copes with the tragedy. Ugh, this book just broke my heart. Watching Starr attempt to cope at school and at home was incredibly hard. Add to that the fact that her school was mostly white and it just takes it to a whole different level.

5. Monday's Not Coming by Tiffany D. Jackson. Another book about a black teen, only this time her best friend is missing and no one at school seems to notice or even care. Gut wrenching.

Have you read any of my picks?

No comments