Top Ten Tuesday: Series We'd Like to Catch Up On

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Artsy Reader Girl.
This week's topic: Series We'd Like to Catch Up On.

Alexia's Picks


1. Frostblood by Elly Blake. I started this series about a year ago, but only recently got the second book in the series. I cannot wait to read it and then read the conclusion when that comes out.

2. Splintered by A. G. Howard. I eagerly devoured the first two books in this series, but have had the 3rd book for WAY too long. In fact, I think I'm going to have to reread the first two books to remember what happened.

3. The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson. Another series that I am probably going to have to reread the first book before I continue on with the series. At least I have the other books in the series already.

4. The Jewel by Amy Ewing. I was downright OBSESSED with this series when it first started, but for some reason, I never finished it. I need to read the final book in the series to see how it ends.

5. A Shadow Bright and Burning by Jessica Cluess. Oh my god, this book exceeded my expectations. It was my favorite fantasy book of the year when I read it. I've gotten books 2 & 3 as review copies, but they still sit on my Netgalley shelf, unread.
6. A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas. This series was the first big name series that I got an ARC of. I loved the first book and even pre-ordered the second book, but I still haven't caught up on the series.

7. The Young Elites by Marie Lu. Adelina was one of my favorite characters the year the first book in this series came out. I devoured the first book, and eagerly awaited the rest of the series. Guess who STILL hasn't finished the series?

8. NIL by Lynne Matson. Yet another series I was full on obsessed with. I even traded with someone to get the ARC of book 2. I did read book 2, but I still haven't read book 3, despite LOVING this series.

9. The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh. Okay, so technically, this is a duology, but I still haven't read the conclusion to this series yet. I think I might have to reread the first book to remember everything that happens.

10. Cinder by Marissa Meyer. Just as I've said before, this series deserves all the hype. This is coming from someone who hasn't even FINISHED the series yet. I know I need to catch up because Cinder blew my mind in the best way possible.

Bekka's Picks

 1. The Frostblood Saga by Elly Blake. I absolutely loved the first book; I devoured it like the crack it is. But then I never read Fireblood, and now Nightblood is about to come out! I am definitely planning a binge sometime soon.

2. The Six of Crows duology by Leigh Bardugo. I, like everyone else on the planet, really loved Six of Crows. But because I am who I am, I still haven't finished Crooked Kingdom. I definitely will before King of Scars comes out!

3. The Remnant Chronicles by Mary E. Pearson. I've read The Kiss of Deception twice already. I obviously am a huge fan. But I am guilty of letting series go unread if my ship doesn't sail and that's sadly the case here.

4. The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer. I never read Winter because it was so long, and then came Stars Above and the graphic novels and oh man, I got overwhelmed. 

5. The Song of the Lioness quarted by Tamora Pierce. I only just read the first book this year, like 30 years after it was actually released. Better late than never, right?

6. Shades of Magic by V.E. Schwab. Another one I really enjoyed! A lot of these had sequels come out when I was in major reading slumps or when I had a newborn, so unfortunately I fell behind. There's going to be a lot more in this series soon, so I really need to catch up on the last two books before I lose all control.

7. Starbound by Meagan Spooner and Amie Kaufman. So I have a mental block when it comes to companion series. It's why it took me so long to read Gemina, for instance, because I get attached to the main characters and I don't like change. But I loved Undying and I love Kaufman's work with Jay Kristoff, so I know I'll love the last two in this trilogy.

8. The Witchlands by Susan Dennard. Another case of bad timing, I'm afraid. I read this like six months before it came out and knew I had to reread before continuing, and I just never got around to it.

9. The Conquerors' Saga by Kiersten White. This one pains me the most because it's my favorite ongoing series--or it was before the last book came out. It was high on my most-anticipated 2018 list, but I haven't read it yet! Mostly I'm afraid, I know it will take a while, and I don't want it to be over. 

10. Rebel of the Sands by Alwyn Hamilton. This was a wild, fun adventure. But I wasn't in love with it the way I was with the rest of the books in this series. However, I am still on board with the world building and upcoming shippy conflicts, so I don't have any excuses. 

What series do you need to catch up on?

4 comments

  1. Yeah, I've heard really good things about Cinder. Glad you like it.


    Here is our Top Ten Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed the Splintered books, love the ACoTAR books, SoC, TWATD, The Young Elites, Witchlands, and the Starbound books. I am actually impressed by how many of these series I am up to date with. I loved ADSoM, and bought the other books, but I still have to read them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm currently working my way through Crooked Kingdom - I'm taking my good old time. :)

    Check out my TTT

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to continue with Shades of Magic and Lunar Chronicles series too, I've been leaving it off for too long!

    Tasya // The Literary Huntress

    ReplyDelete