Most Anticipated April 2018


Most Anticipated is a monthly feature here where I talk about the upcoming books I’m excited about. This is by no means an exhaustive list, just the books I found the most interesting and the ones I am most looking forward to reading.

April has a good number of releases, but not ones I'm totally sold on. That said, the ones coming out that I *am* interested, I AM SO HERE FOR.


White Rabbit by Caleb Roehrig
I really, really love YA thrillers and I think they need to be way more diverse. Caleb writes gay YA thrillers so duh, I'm putting this on the list. I started it and the story is so compelling. 

Circe by Madeline Miller
AHHHH. I read The Song of Achilles earlier this year and it was incredible. So obviously I need to read this. And I'm currently doing so! It's just as weird and beautiful and atmospheric as Achilles and I can't wait to get a finished copies.

Sky in the Deep by Adrienne Young
I read this in March and it was awesome. It was such a unique story with a great world and cast of characters. I'm also excited for this finished copy because I know it's going to be gorgeous.

Ash Princess by Laura Sebastian
I've only heard amazing things about this so far. And the cover is just stunning. It sounds like exactly my cup of tea.
Beyond a Darkened Shore by Jessica Leake
Who else is excited for this Viking-ish fantasy? I've actually not heard anything-positive or negative-about it but it's been on my radar for quite some time and it's finally coming out!

Isle of Blood and Stone by Makiia Lucier
Mapmaking and charting and riddles and kidnapped prince! What else do you need??

Ace of Shades by Amanda Foody
Not gonna lie, this sounds kiiiiinda like Six of Crows, but honestly that's not a bad thing. Also I really, really hope this title is also a pun on the MC's sexuality.

What books are you excited for next month?

4 comments

  1. I'm really looking forward to reading Ash Princess too! My exams end this month after which i can finally go on a book buying spree as so many intriguing books are coming out this month! Great post :)

    Uma@Books.Bags.Burgers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only one of these I've heard of is Circe! They all sound pretty dope though. Thanks for putting them on my radar!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I can't wait to read Circe too! I love TSOA and sure I will love this one too.

    Tasya // The Literary Huntress

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isle of Blood and Stone looks so so good and that cover is just awesome. April is looking like a good month for books!

    ReplyDelete