Top Ten Tuesday: Books We Like But Won't Reread

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Artsy Reader Girl
This week we're talking about books we really liked but probably won't be rereading




bekka's picks

 1. Queens of Geek by Jen Wilde. In order for me to reread contemporary (esp contemporary romances) I need a kick in the teeth kind of emotional experience. There's absolutely nothing wrong with this book, however, it didn't bring it quite that much. But I love it and highly recommend it.

2. With Malice by Eileen Cook. So this is a YA thriller where the main character is a suspect in her best friend's death while on vacation or internation travel of some kind. I liked it. I just really enjoy reading thrillers! However, I think Dangerous Girls did this particular case way better and if I want to reread something like it, I'll just read the original.

3. Bloodline by Claudia Gray. I loved getting to read supplemental Star Wars content. It was a lot of fun to be in Leia's head and see the way the Senate works. Unlike the movies, though, reading through this once made me feel like I got enough out of it. I don't feel like there was enough to dissect and interpret like there is in the movies. 

4. Fairest by Marissa Meyer. Okay, so, I know I'm in the minorty, but I did like this one. I wouldn't say I enjoyed it, but I appreciated it. It gave up background on Levana. That said, while I would and will reread the rest of this series, Fairest, not so much. It's just too brutal and horrifying for me to subject myself to again. 

5. Queen of Shadows by Sarah J. Maas. I read this in like two sittings in a frenzied Maas-stan haze. I still loved this series and just soaked it all in, rolling with whatever she threw at us. I want to preserve that feeling. Because I hated, HATED, EoS. And I don't want to hate things that are important to me, you know? So I won't be rereading it because I do not want to acknowledge the flaws lol.

alexia's picks 

1. Damage Done by Amanda Panitch. It just pains me to put this one on the list, but I doubt I'll ever reread it simply because I'll always remember the insane twist at the end. It kills me that one of my all time favorite bookswill have to be a one time read thanks to the insanity inside it.

2. Pretty Girl-13 by Liz Coley. Same as above. Things unfold gradually with this book, but one of the biggest bombshells in this book come near the end and I remember what it was and I don't think I can reread it knowing thetwists and turns.

3. This is Where it Ends by Marieke Nijkamp. I don't ever want to sob so hard while reading again and I know rereading this book would render me
devoid of tears and sitting in the fetal position. This book...well it shattered my heart.

4. Welcome to the Dark House by Laurie Faria Stolarz. This book andit's sequel will always be one of the most terrifying duologies I've ever read. I don't think rereading it would give me the same terrifying experience as it did the first time.

5. Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon. I managed to remain unspoiled for this book and while I loved it, I don't think I could reread it knowing what I know about the ending. My memory is too freaking good.



Have you read any of these books?

3 comments

  1. I know what you mean about Fairest. It's the only book in the series that I didn't feel the need to own, I borrowed it from the Library when I read it. I wanted to understand why Levana was the way she was, but it wasn't a book I felt like I would want to re-read ever.

    My TTT: Marie @ Pages to Explore

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kind of feel the same way about Queens of Geek. I liked it but it didn't blow me out of the water where I want to re- read it. Still it was good! Bloodline I actually agree with as well. Good book but not an essential re- read for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Welcome to the Dark House- great list!
    My ttt
    http://www.thehauntedgravebooks.com/2018/04/top-ten-tuesday-books-i-loved-but-wont.html

    ReplyDelete