Finally Fall Book Tag

I saw this tag on BookTube as usual, but this time can't seem to track down the original. I wasn't tagged, of course, but as it's the first day of my favorite season and this is a tag all about that season, I just had to.



1. In fall the air is crisp and clear: name a book with a vivid setting!

Even though the characters go to a bunch of different places in this book, the one that sticks out the most to me was Confection. A whole entire world made of candies and cakes and other, well, confections. I've never read anything quite like it.

2. Nature is beautiful… but also dying: name a book that is beautifully written, but also deals with a heavy topic like loss or grief.

This is written in verse, so I know it's not for everyone, but I thought it was breathtaking. It tells the story of conjoined twins, Grace and Tippi, and their daily life and their struggle with whether or not to undergo the surgery to separate. 

3. Fall is back to school season: share a non-fiction book that taught you something new. 

 I don't read a ton of nonfiction, so I had to dig back a few years to find this one. I learned a lot about the process of death in our society and in other cultures as well. And it made me think a lot about what I want after I pass, which is morbid, but there you go.

4. In order to keep warm, it’s good to spend some time with the people we love: name a fictional family/household/friend-group that you’d like to be a part of. 

 Who wouldn't want to be a knight/best friends with Alanna? Or a street urchin/thief with George?

5. The colorful leaves are piling up on the ground: show us a pile of fall-colored spines! 
This was a Struggle! I haven't actually read a single one of these, oops.

6. Fall is the perfect time for some storytelling by the fireside: share a book wherein somebody is telling a story.

 This is the first book that popped into my head and honestly, I couldn't find a better one if I tried. This is a story within a story within a story. If you want intricate layers and mind-blowing reveals, plus the friendships of an absolute lifetime, read this book!


7. The nights are getting darker: share a dark, creepy read.

 I don't read a ton of graphic novels but this one sticks out as dark and creepy! Especially the scene where the main character has to explore the hospital. The second installment came out recently and I can't wait to see wtf is going on.
 
8. The days are getting colder: name a short, heartwarming read that could warm up somebody’s cold and rainy day.

 Okay, I swear I don't read many graphic novels even though I just shared a good handful. But this is the ultimate heartwarming read. It is just lovely and adorable and made me cry happy, happy tears at the end.


9. Fall (luckily, it’s my favorite season) returns every year: name an old favorite that you’d like to return to soon.

It's been sooo long since I was in the world of The Lunar Chronicles and that needs to change! I can't believe I still haven't read Winter, Stars Above, or the graphic novels. I love this series so much so it's time to act like an actual fan.
10. Fall is the perfect time for cozy reading nights: share your favorite cozy reading “accessories”!
So I'm pretty much a creature of habit and my reading routines don't change depending on the seasons. Instead, my bookshelf does! I absolutely love decorating for the holidays and we are working on a collection of garlands for every one. So far we just have fall/Halloween, Christmas, and a gold one that works for New Year's. For fall we also put up our glitter skull, glitter pumpkin, and twinkling black and orange candles. These bookshelves take an entire wall and are definitely the focal point of our living room.


No comments