Most Anticipated: September 2018





Most Anticipated is a monthly feature here where I talk about the upcoming month's releases that I'm excited about it. It's by no means an exhaustive list of all the books releasing; it's just the ones I want to read the most.

September is a MONTH, you guys. I'm sure you're all aware that September is the beginning of book release season, and wow, there are a lot of exciting titles coming out. Just another reason that fall is the best.

Strange Grace by Tessa Gratton [Goodreads]
This book is about a village that makes a deal with the devil to sacrifice to him once a year in order to keep the peace. So what happens when the devil comes calling a bit early this time? I DON'T KNOW BUT I'M EXCITED TO FIND OUT.

Nightingale by Amy Lukavics [Goodreads]
I love Amy's books so much. Her debut scared the absolute shit out of me. I have no doubts this one will be the same. 

The Sisters of the Winter Wood by Rena Rossner [Goodreads]
Lately I've been in such a mood for folklore inspired fantasy, like Uprooted or The Bear and The Nightingale. This Jewish historical fantasy fits so perfectly into that category and oh my god, look at that cover. 

The Caged Queen by Kristen Ciccarelli [Goodreads]
I finally read my arc of The Last Namsara during ARC August, and it was stunning. I loved the character that The Caged Queen will be following, which makes me even more excited to dive in as soon as it's released.

The Dark Descent of Elizabeth Frankenstein by Kiersten White [Goodreads]
I read everything Kiersten White publishes, and this is no exception. Since Mind Games came out, she's been a favorite author of mine. So a fave author doing a Frankenstein story? GIMME.

The Agony House by Cherie Priest and Tara O'Conner [Goodreads]
We need more horror in YA and this graphic novel looks like a great addition to the genre. I love the art style just from looking at the cover. Also, we are still feeling the after affects of Hurricane Katrina all these years later, and I love seeing that touched upon in YA.

For a Muse of Fire by Heidi Heilig [Goodreads]
So I don't know much about this except that it's written in an alternative format and that it focuses a lot on Chinese mythology and folklore that I know nothing about but want to learn! I'm also kind of obsessed with the cover; it's the best fire cover I've ever seen. 

Rule by Ellen Goodlett [Goodreads]
Over the last few days I've found myself really in the mood for a medieval, sword slinging, kings and princesses type fantasy. I really hope this lives up to what I want it to be!

Sadie by Courtney Summers [Goodreads]
I have a feeling that with this author's penchant for intensity, coupled with the podcast style format, this is going to be a quick, compelling, and consuming read. I can't wait.

A Room Away From the Wolves by Nova Ren Suma [Goodreads]
I don't even know what the basic plot of this is; I just know that it's a Nova Ren Suma book, which means there will be magical, fierce girls, atmosphere for days, beautiful writing, and a story that will leave my head spinning.

Not Even Bones by Rebecca Schaffer [Goodreads]
This is another that I wasn't too sure about at first, not that it would be bad, but that it just wasn't for me. But I've allowed the hype to wash over me and a girl who dissects paranormal creatures sounds like a girl I want to meet.


Which September titles are you most excited about?

2 comments

  1. So many amazing upcoming releases! I can't wait for Strange Grace, Sisters of the Winter Wood, and The Dark Descent of Elizabeth Frankenstein!

    Tasya // The Literary Huntress

    ReplyDelete
  2. September has lots of books I want to read and some are definitely on this list like The Dark Descent..., Not Even Bones, Sadie, and The Agony House. Thanks for sharing!

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete