Top Ten Tuesday: Our Fall TBRs

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl
Today we're sharing our Fall TBRs

Bekka's Picks
So, I have a large and spooky fall to-be-read pile, books that I'll definitely be talking about over the next six weeks or so. I didn't want to get repetitive, so I decided to share the top 5 not-so-spooky books I plan to read over the next three months.
 
1. Uprooted by Naomi Novik. I am very much a mood reader, and I just haven't been in the specific mood for a book like this. Yes, it's been years, and yes, I have waited that long to finally pick it up. It's a fairy tale retelling of Beauty and the Beast, mixed with some Russian folklore. Exactly what I'm craving right about now.

2. His Fair Assassin series by Robin LaFevers. I've been talking about a reread for so long now, and dammit, I am dying to get to it. I need to set aside time and stop caring about ARCs or what my blog readers think. Reading should be for pleasure, and this is an all-time favorite series of mine that I need to revisit.

3. I Am Still Alive by Kate Marshall. Not my typical read for sure, but I think you can sense a theme going on in this TBR: historical and/or cold. This is a survival story that looks like it's set during the winter months, and it seems to have a hint of a revenge plot, too. I have this out from the library and I'm very excited to read it.

4. The Bear and the Nightingale by Katherine Arden. I'm actually reading this one right now. I'm writing this post ahead of time, so hopefully I will have finished this book by the time this list goes live. And I hope to love it. I can tell you right now that the opening chapters are exquisite. 

5. The Sisters of the Winter Wood by Rena Rossner. More Jewish and Russian folklore with a smattering of winter weather and a GLORIOUS cover. I've been dying for this for months now and it's almost here! I hope it lives up to what I believe it will be because it sounds absolutely amazing.


Alexia's Picks
Holy moly, I cannot believe it's already fall time! YAAAAAY! Anyway, 5 of these are review books and 5 of them are books I own. So it's following the usual seasonal TBR post format.
1. The Belles by Dhonielle Clayton. No this book isn't spooky or creepy at all, it's one that I started MONTHS ago and am very excited to go back to. I might read this one first so I can dive into the others right after.

2. The Fade by Demitria Lunetta.
I was obsessed with Lunetta's zombie duology, In the After several years ago. Although she has put out more books since then, I haven't gotten to read them. As luck would have it, I now have a review copy of her upcoming release.

3. The Hanging Girl by Eileen Cook.
I've enjoyed Cook's previous books, and for some reason just haven't gotten to this one yet. I would say October would be the perfect month for it.

4. The Hollow Girl by Hilary Monahan.
I don't think I've read any of Monahan's work before, but this book has been on my TBR for quite awhile. The cover still gives me the creeps, so I'd say it's perfect for October.

5. Nightingale by Amy Lukavics.
Lukavics won me over with The Women in the Walls, and ever since, I've been dying to read all of her books. I was thrilled to recently get a review copy of her upcoming release, and just looking at that cover gives me the creeps. I hope I'll be impressed with this book like I was with The Women in the Walls.
6. The Coldest Girl in Coldtown by Holly Black. I actually started this book 2 years ago (I think) and only recently have I wanted to pick it back up again. I remember it starting off really interesting, so I'm excited to return to it and hopefully finish it.

7. Stalking Jack the Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco.
I bought this book and book 2 a couple of months ago, specifically for the month of October. I had been super curious about this series for awhile and I look forward to diving into it soon.

8. Hunting Prince Dracula by Kerri Maniscalco.
I needed to buy the 2nd book in case I loved the first book, so I could binge-read the beginning of the series. Super stoked to dive into the series and hopefully love the first two books.

9. Drowning Instinct by Ilsa J. Bick.
I had totally forgotten about this book until I saw it on Bekka's recent Top Ten Tuesday list, and I think it was Bekka herself who had actually bought me a copy of this book. That gave me the jump-start I needed to put this book on my list for fall.

10. Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake.
I have not read any of Blake's books, though I have on several occasions started Three Dark Crowns. I honestly don't know much about this book, but I am very eager to start it.

What books are on your Fall TBR?

13 comments

  1. I really loved Hunting Prince Dracula! Even more so than Stalking Jack the Ripper, haha. Looking forward to Escaping From Houdini. Definitely good October reads if you ask me. Hope you enjoy them!

    Happy reading to both of you! :)

    Here's my TTT should you be interested. :)
    https://booksandmunches.com/2018/09/18/ttt-18092018/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stalking Jack the Ripper and Hunting Prince Dracula are excellent! Since Escaping From Houdini just came out, you can read all three books! Perfect fall reads. Also, I love books by Any Lukavics. Chilling horror reads at its finest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the dark and creepy books I'm seeing everywhere today. Fall has to be the best reading season!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Stalking Jack the Ripper and Hunting Prince Dracula - definitely good choices for October.

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just purchased Kerri Maniscalco's series! I'm hoping to read them before the third book comes out. Hope you enjoy these!

    Here's my TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw I Am Still Alive pop up a few times yesterday and it sounds very good!

    Here is our Top Ten Tuesday. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's been a long time since I read Anna Dressed in Blood but I do still consider it one of my favourite YA horrors :) I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you guys enjoy all of these!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2018/09/18/top-ten-tuesday-177/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahh so many amazing picks! I got The Belles out from the library today, and I'm SO EXCITED to read it!!

    Uprooted and The Bear and the Nightingale sound incredible too!

    My TTT post!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh, some creepy books. I hope you enjoy all these! Jack the Ripper and Anna Dressed in Blood are on my TBR list.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are going to LOVE Uprooted, Bekka! I still need to read Grave Mercy and The Sisters of the Winter Wood sounds really good.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So many amazing books! I want to read The Merciless (it has been on my tbr for years!), The Picture of Dorian Gray, and Persuasion :D

    Tasya // The Literary Huntress

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just added Uprooted, The Bear and the Nightingale, and Sisters of the Winter Wood to my TBR. One of these days I'd like to read Stalking Jack the Ripper too. Thanks for sharing your list!

    ReplyDelete