Most Anticipated: October 2018

Most Anticipated is a monthly feature here where I talk about all the books releasing in the upcoming month that I'm excited for. This isn't an exhaustive list or anything, just the books that I personally can't wait to get my hands on. October is a MONTH. I love fall for so many reasons but one of the biggest is that it's book release season!


Ogre Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine [Goodreads]
I only just read Ella Enchanted for the first time this year and I adored it. I really hope this prequel is just as charming.

Watch You Burn by Amanda Searcy [Goodreads]
I just learned about this book today, actually, while I was compiling titles for this post. But I've never read any books about this heroine's particular, um, problem, which is pyromania I guess? I'm intrigued. 

The Light Between Worlds Laura E. Weymouth [Goodreads]
This has been calling to me for a while now. It reminds me of Every Heart A Doorway which is one of my favorite books/series ever. And this cover!

Imagine Us Happy by Jennifer Yu [Goodreads]
I don't know why but every time I see a new YA about abusive relationships, it automatically goes on my list. And this is another beautiful cover. I have really high hopes.

The Brilliant Death by Amy Rose Capetta [Goodreads]
I read the description of this and I was hooked at the main character turning her enemies into music boxes. There are also mob families I think. I just need it. 

The Spite Game by Anna Snoekstra [Goodreads]
This is (obviously) a revenge thriller and you guys know I am all about my thrillers. This also has a bit of cat and mouse to the story and I looove that. I'm really excited.

Grim Lovelies by Megan Shepherd [Goodreads]
I started this recently and I love it! The world is so interesting and different from anything I've read before. I'm really excited to get more into it.

The Lost Sisters by Holly Black [Goodreads]
I haven't actually read The Cruel Prince yet and this is supposed to be set in its world. But I love all things Holly Black, so I'll definitely be buying this when it comes out.

Sawkill Girls by Claire Legrand [Goodreads]
I CANNOT wait to read this. The way the author describes it--"girls loving girls, girls kissing girls, girls being friends with girls, girls helping girls"--just grabs me. I know I'm going to love it.

Dry by Neal and Jarrod Shusterman [Goodreads]
I don't read a lot of post apocalyptic or dystopian books, but I think a combination of Neal Shusterman and a world without water could be enough to bring me back to the subgenres. This particular type of world, with a scarcity of water, is particularly scary to me given current events.

Damsel by Elana K. Arnold [Goodreads]
I don't even know a whole lot about Damsel, I just know that it's been raved about by people I trust and that it's a feminist fairy tale. You can't really ask for more, can you?

The Phoenix Empress by K. Arsenault Rivera [Goodreads]
I haven't actually read the first book, so shame on me here. But I know one of my best friends counts it as an all-time forever favorite. So I know I want to read this series one day. I mean, two warrior women in love? PLEASE.

Kingdom of Ash by Sarah J. Maas [Goodreads]
I don't even know if I can say I'm "excited" about this book. But I'm relieved that I'll finally be free. I've invested way too much into this series to not find out how it ends, but I'm just full of fatigue thinking about it.

The Spy with the Red Balloon by Katherine Locke [Goodreads]
This is one of my most anticipated releases of the year. Despite The Girl With the Red Balloon hitting almost all of my anti-buzzwords, I read it and fucking LOVED it. I cannot wait to be blown away by this companion.

Blanca & Roja by Anna-Marie McLemore [Goodreads]
I just read this last weekend and oh my god, it's absolutely amazing. A must read for literally every YA reader I know. It's definitely a new all-time favorite for me and I can't wait to have a beautiful, red-foiled finished copy in my hands.

The Healer by Donna Freitas [Goodreads]
I don't know much about this except that it looks like it's going to be a magical realism story about a girl who can perform healing miracles. I don't really need to know much else, to be honest. 

Odd One Out by Nic Stone [Goodreads]
Guys, this sounds really weird, not gonna lie. But I loved Dear Martin so much, so I'm willing to take a risk on a wacky sounding plot because it's Nic Stone. Anyone else, probably not.

2 comments

  1. Sawkill Girls sounds So good! I didn't realise it was Lgbt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Damsel has a really good writing and idea, but it's full of trigger warning. Like, a lot. It's a rollercoaster ride for me!

    Tasya // The Literary Huntress

    ReplyDelete