Halloween in July Book Tag

I found this tag on Hardback Hoarder on BookTube. I don't know if you guys know this, but Halloween is my favorite holiday. When I was a kid, we went ALL OUT on the costumes, the makeup, the trick-or-treating. I had a bunch of cousins and we all went out as a group together. I love it so much I already have Rosie's costume put together for a holiday that doesn't happen for like four more months now. I love the atmosphere, the cool weather, the early sunset, the scary movies, the creepy crawlies. I love everything about Halloween. So when this tag came into my feed, I knew I had to do it immediately. 





1. What book gave you the creeps?
So, I love horror. I consume horror on the regular. I mean, I've watched three horror movies in the last three days and I have another queued up and ready to go as soon as Rosie goes to bed. So I know my stuff. And when I say that this book scared the unholy crap out of me, I mean it. It is to this day the scariest shit I've ever read.

2. What book gives you the best Halloween vibes?
Considering this book is set over the course of October, features a Halloween party, costumes, spooky accidents, and a creepy, mysterious costume shop, this is THE book for Halloween vibes. I wish it had a spookier cover to go along with the perfect Halloween atmosphere.

3. What is your favorite vampire book?
Is anyone surprised, really? I freaking LOVE this series. I love Rose and Dimitri. I love the lore, I love the world, I love Lissa, I love everything. Except Adrain lmao.

4. What book scared you so much you had to sleep with the lights on?
 
Oh my god. When I finished this book I immediately hid it from myself. It scared the crap out of me for days and I was so glad to be rid of it when I returned it to the library. One of the scariest and most surprising endings ever.

5. What is your favorite book about witches/goblins/ghosts/demons?
I love this series so much! It was one of the first YA series I ever became straight up addicted to, way back when I was actually a teen. There is so much in here to enjoy, and the books are short and FAST. I love the friendships and the shipships and the magic most of all. Plus all the tie-ins of Irish mythology. I just love it so much. Also the family dynamics! 

6. What book do you wish was scarier than it was?
I don't know if you guys remember back to the stone ages when this came out (2011) but the marketing was real. There was so much emphasis on how scary and creepy it was, especially with all the spooky pictures. So when I read it I was excited. Except that it ended up being such a letdown. Instead of the creepy spooky story I was expecting, it was like time-loop X-men with a gross ship. Not scary at all except for the very first scene. 

7. What is your favorite book that takes place in October?

I literally couldn't think of anything for this except to repeat a previous answer, The Accident Season. Other than that, I can only come up with Harry Potter, which is totally cheating. Also I am looking forward to reading the Hocus Pocus sequel which, you know, SHOULD take place on Halloween haha.
 


Tell me about all your favorite spooky reads! I am so tired of summer and am already kicking into Autumn mode!

2 comments

  1. Interview with a Vampire by Anne Rice will always and forever be my favorite Vampire book. I have owned a copy of that book since I was about 14. (I'm 32 now)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Anne Rice's vampires! I saw the Interview movie when I was SMALL. My mom rented it and told me I was not allowed to watch it so of course my 6 year old rebel self sneaked downstairs in the middle of the night to watch. I've been obsessed with vampires ever since lol.

      Delete