TTT Books to Read in 2nd Half of 2018


Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Artsy Reader Girl
This week's topic: Books To Read in 2nd Half of 2018

This was actually last week's prompt, but we missed it due to some health complications all around.

Alexia's Picks

1. Mirage by Somaiya Daud. I was definitely curious about this one when I requested it, but I wasn't 100% sold on it. And then a fellow blogger, whose opinions I trust, fell in love with it and I knew I had to move this one up on my review pile.

2. Hidden Pieces by Paula Stokes. I love this author, but her books seem to be a hit or miss for me. This one looks right up my alley, so I'm hoping it's a hit for me.

3. What If it's Us by Becky Albertalli & Adam Silvera. If I don't read this one by the time 2019 rolls around, I will hate myself. I need to read my copy of it SOON.

4. Nightingale by Amy Lukavics. I've only read one of this author's books and I really enjoyed it. Super stoked to read this one around Halloween time.

5. Heretics Anonymous by Katie Henry. I am so excited for this one. I was raised Catholic and by the time I was a teenager, I considered myself to be an atheist. I am very curious to see how they handle the Catholic versus atheism thing.

6. Heartless by Marissa Meyer. I got this book from my Secret Santa a few years ago and I still haven't read it. I need to make it a priority before the end of the year.

7. Salt to the Sea by Ruta Sepetys. I am not a huge historical fiction reader, but Sepetys does historical fiction so well and I have enjoyed her first two books so I'm excited to get to this one.

8. Children of Blood and Bone by Tomi Adeyemi. This one was another one that I wasn't totally sold on. I was worried that the book wouldn't be worth the hype. And then the reviews started pouring in. Gushing, glowing reviews. So the next time I went to Barnes & Noble, I picked this one up. Really hoping I love this one like everyone else seems to.

9. Tyler Johnson Was Here by Jay Coles. It was the cover that first drew me to this book. Reading the synopsis felt like being punched in the stomach. I knew as soon as I read the synopsis that I had to have this book.

10. Reign of the Fallen by Sarah Glenn Marsh. I am a cover whore and this cover is freaking GORGEOUS. I knew before I even saw the cover, that I wanted to read this book and I cannot wait to dive in at some point this fall.

Bekka's Picks

 1. Bright We Burn by Kiersten White. I love this series so much. It's an all-time favorite of mine. Of course, I'm currently reading this right now. I've only just started though because I've been having some minor health issues that have made it hard to read.

2. Grim Lovelies by Megan Shepherd. I was SO EXCITED when I got this arc in the mail. I have also started this one and I find it fascinating. I love a good murder mystery and magic!!

3. Boneless Mercies by Aprile Genvieve Tucholke. I am probably one of the only weirdos who actually enjoyed reading Beowulf in high school. So a retelling of that epic poem was obviously going to go on my TBR. Add that it's written by AGT and I am pumped.

4. The Cheerleaders by Kara Thomas. I struggled with Thomas's debut, but this book is my entire aesthetic. I cannot wait to read it.

5. Sadie by Courtney Summers. After reading All the Rage when it first came out, Summers is now an auto-buy author for me. 

 6. The Dark Descent of Elizabeth Frankenstein. I will read anything and everything Kiersten White writes. As you can tell, since she's on this list twice. 

7. Dance of Thieves by Mary E. Pearson. The Remnant Chronicles (including a TKOD reread) are on my TBR for 2018. I plan to finish that series and jump into DOT immediately.

8. Nightingale by Amy Lukavics. I love this author's books! I am never scared by what I read except when I'm reading Amy Lukavics. So obviously her newest is on my TBR for later this year when I'm ready to get spoopy.

9. A Room Away from the Wolves by Nova Ren Suma. Another auto-buy author for me, and one of my all-time favorite writers. I've read all of her books and I cannot wait to devour more of her words.

10. The Light Between Worlds by Laura E. Weymouth. This sounds similar to the Wayward Children series and I LOVE that series a whole lot. So of course I want to read something that explores similar ideas. I have hiiiigh expectations.

What are you looking forward to reading later this year? 

3 comments

  1. I just finished Heretics the other day. I appreciated the way the author handled the topic. The exploration of faith and religion was fair and attacked from multiple POVs. I am Catholic and went to Catholic school, and found lots of the book quite amusing. And yes, can't wait to read Hidden Pieces, The Cheerleaders, and Sadie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many amazing titles! I can't wait to get to Boneless Mercies, Dark Descent of Elizabeth Frankenstein, and The Nightingale too!

    Tasya // The Literary Huntress

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun list! I'm looking forward to reading Jennifer Lynn Barnes's Little White Lies!

    ReplyDelete