Bekka's September Book Haul


It has been quite some time since I've done a book haul. I've been so tired and so lazy all summer. If I did a haul of what I've gotten since last time I posted one, we'd be here for centuries. But I did get some amazing books in September that I really wanted to share with you all, so let's get started.


PurchasedThe Dreadful Tale of Prosper Redding by Alexandra Bracken
I've been reading more middle grade lately. Not a ton, but more than usual, and I thought this would be a great spooky read perfect for this time of year.

Fierce Fairytales by Nikita Gill
Gill is a favorite among my friends so I thought I'd try out this collection of reimagined fairy tales. It was not my favorite lol.

City of Ghosts by Victoria Schwab
New Schwab! And like I said earlier, more middle grade!

A Room Away From the Wolves by Nova Ren Suma
I also got an arc of this but I figured I'd share my finished copy since it's so pretty. Not my favorite Suma ever but I still love her writing so much.

Toil & Trouble edited by Tess Sharpe & Jessica Spotswood
This was amazing! I do not like reading anthologies but this was absolutely perfect, exactly what I wanted. Highly recommend. 

Check Please! by Ngozi Ukazu
Of course I had to buy myself a finished copy of this. I LOVE this series and you should all read it.

The Dark Descent of Elizabeth Frankenstein by Kiersten White
I love White's books so obviously I was buying this historical horror story. I'm currently reading it right now, in fact.

The Caged Queen by Kristen Ciccarelli 
I loved the first book and I am so excited to get back into this world. And the author's writing style is so uniqe and captivating, especially the folklore. I can't wait to get to this.

The Sisters of the Winter Wood by Rena Rossner
This is going to be incredible, I have no doubt. Russian Jewish magical fantasy and fairy tales? Yesssss.

The Bear and the Nightingale by Katherine Arden
One of my best friends will not stop going on about this series so it's time for me to finally catch up. I started it and it's absolutely beautiful.

For ReviewBlanca & Roja by Anna-Marie McLemore
I read this already and it was amazing. A new all-time favorite. I can't wait to get a finished copy when it comes out.

Sisters of the Fire by Kim Wilkins
I read the first book earlier this year and loved it. There's so much to come and I can't wait to see where it goes next.

This Cruel Design by Emily Suvada
I haven't actually read This Mortal Coil yet but I plan to binge these back to back since I've been hearing nothing but amazing things.

Crown of Feathers by Nicki Pau Preto
I really don't know anything about this except maybe giant phoenixes? I know the cover's pretty.

The Cold is in Her Bones by Peternelle van Arsdale
This is a Medusa retelling!!! I AM SO PUMPED.

Evermore by Sarah Holland
Another one I haven't read the first book for, but I plan to binge.


Have you read any of these? Get anything good this month?

1 comment

  1. you bought so many amazing books becca! i've read the bear and the nightingale and it's firmly on my all-time favorite series list. i plan to read prosper redding too this halloween!

    Tasya // The Literary Huntress

    ReplyDelete