Movies I Want to Watch this October



 I LOVE horror movies. Truthfully, we watch horror all year long in this house. But there's obviously something special about watching those movies in October. Every year when this month rolls around I get excited and start making lists. Some years I even do the 31 movies in 31 days challenge. Of course, I can't realy do that this year with the kind of schedule having a toddler entails. But the upside of having that toddler is sharing some of my Halloween favorites with her! Anyway, these are the movies I'm planning to watch this month!

The Family Staples

 Hocus Pocus. Now, I had never even seen Hocus Pocus until last year. The very first time I watched it was actually with Rosie when she was a wee bean. Needless to say I loved it and now it's added to the Halloween rotation. 

The Nightmare Before Christmas. A forever favorite. This is on TV from October to the end of December. Is it a Halloween or a Christmas movie? The answer: Yes.

Frankenweenie. I am so, so excited to share this one with Rosie. Like every kid her age, she's obsessed with dogs. And like me, she's a little bit into the creepy and weird. So this will be a hit.

Hotel Transylvania. I think this was the first movie I ever let Rosie watch. And by watch, I mean it was just on while she flopped around on the floor around 6 months old. But she really likes it and she went nuts for it today when I put it on for the first time in over a year!

Monster House. This is another one Rosie really liked last year, so I'm excited to bring it back. Plus, it's just a striaght up GREAT Halloween movie. 

Grown-Up Favorites

 Halloween. I mean, obviously, right? It's right there in the name. We watch the new ones and the classics every year. Of course, these will have to wait for after bed time lol.

The Craft. I, like every other woman my age, grew up OBSESSED with The Craft. Like, obsessed. I really could watch it on repeat for centuries but I love to save it for this time of year; it makes it feel even more special.

Trick r Treat. Mike and I started the tradition of watching this on Halloween evening while handing out candy almost ten years ago. When we moved to the home we're in now, we lost the trick or treaters we were used to. So now, we go out and do our Halloween thing and watch this at night. It's truly my favorite Halloween movie of all-time. It's so well crafted and so unique.

New This Year

 Down a Dark Hall. A mysterious boarding/reform school situation is all I needed to know about this. 

The First Purge. This movie series may not be masterpieces, but they're terrifying to me. They show you how vulnerable you can be, especially as a woman viewer. They're not particularly Halloween-y but they're scary to me and I can't wait to see this one.

Hell Fest. When I saw the trailer for this in the theater I freaked the hell out. I've worked Haunts when I was younger, and Mike and I are obsessed with finding the scariest ones. So every time we see a movie coming out about Haunts, we neeeeeed to see it. I am SO EXCITED for this, you guys have no idea.

The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina. Who didn't love Sabrina the Teenage Witch? SHE'S BACK. And she's gonna be scary this time!! I watch basically no tv ever, but I'm making an exception for this one!



What are you watching to celebrate Halloween?

2 comments

  1. I was just watching Hotel Transylvania 2 last night. I watched Hocus Pocus a few days ago for the first time, but I'm not much into scary movies. My husband loves the Purge and want to repeat it on Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh i'll be adding down the dark hall to my watch list this year!

    Tasya // The Literary Huntress

    ReplyDelete