Most Anticipated: November 2018


Most Anticipated is a monthly feature here where I talk about all the books coming out in the next month that I'm excited to read. It's by no means an exhaustive list of the month's new releases, just the ones that I plan to check out. November is a slower release month for sure, but it has a handful of really exciting titles!

Empress of all Seasons by Emiko Jean [Goodreads]
This is by far my most anticipated November release. It sounds amazing! I don't usually love competition books, but this one includes surviving seasonal obstacles and marrying princes and girls who shift into monsters. Doesn't that sound incredible?

Girls of Paper and Fire by Natasha Ngan [Goodreads]
Initially I was unsure of this one. Admittedly, I'm not a huge fan of harems and concubines and things like that. But then the reviews started and I finally read the full blurb, and yes please. I am here for gorgeous fantasies with f/f ships and beautiful covers. 

Toxic by Lydia Kang [Goodreads]
So this sounds a little off the walls and bonkers but also really cool. Something about being isolated on a spaceship just intrigues me, I guess, because every time I see that plot device, I swoop in like an owl on a bunny. Plus, it looks like there's a bit of a murder mystery at play as well. Sign me up.

An Elderly Lady is Up to No Good by Helene Turnsten [Goodreads]
This sounds hilarious! All about, you guessed it, an elderly lady getting up to some hijinks. I mean, the cover speaks directly to me as well. I can't wait for this; it seems like the perfect book to get cozy on the couch with during a snowstorm.

 Splendor and Spark by Mary Taranta [Goodreads]
If you haven't yet read Shimmer & Burn, you need to go do that right now. It has such a rich, interesting magic system, a fantastic ship, a murder princess, and an kickass heroine. It really is the fantasy of my dreams. I CANNOT wait for the sequel.

Empire of Sand by Tasha Suri [Goodreads]
I don't really know too much about this one, and to be honest, the blurb is pretty vague. But I do know that it's more diverse fantasy and a good friend of mine really, really loved it. There's magic, and enslaved gods, and revenge. 

What books are you looking forward to in the month of November?

No comments