Top Ten Tuesday: Creepy Books on Our TBR

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl
This week we're sharing some creepy books that are sitting on our TBRs

Bekka's Picks

 1. The Creeping by Alexandra Sirowy. I love books about missing persons, especially missing under strange circumstances. This involves two girls who went missing when they were younger and only one of them coming back. Color me intrigued.

2. The Hearts We Sold by Emily Lloyd-Jones. So this is about a girl who makes a pact with the devil, and I think possibly, she goes back on it. I've literally never read anything like this before so obviously I'm quite excited about it.

3. The Dead House by Dawn Kurtagich. I have no idea why I haven't read this yet considering it's told in epistolary formatting with pictures and clippings and the works. That's my favorite thing ever in books, so add it to a haunted house style setting and I need this!

4. Devil in Ohio by Daria Polatin. I had an arc of this last year and somehow totally forgot about it! But it sounds sooo creepy. This girl starts taking over the main character's life? But also she has some kind of mark or tattoo or something? I believe there is also an evil cult. Sign me up!

5. Bird Box by Josh Malerman. I don't know too much about this except that it's supposed to be horrifying. In this book you can't go outside, or maybe you can't look at the sky, or you'll die or go crazy or something. That's so scary to me. I've been putting it off because honestly I think I'm too much of a baby to handle it.

 Alexia's Picks
1. Daughters Unto Devils by Amy Lukavics. I am a big horror fan, so I cannot believe that I haven't read this book yet. Pretty much all the YA horror fans I know, have read this one. Plus, I love this author's work, so I have no real excuses why I haven't read this one yet.

2. The Dead House by Dawn Kurtagich. I really enjoyed her second release, And the Trees Crept in, but for some reason, I haven't made her first book a priority. Hopefully, I'll get to it soon.

3. There's Someone Inside Your House by Stephanie Perkins. I've tried reading her other other series, but it's just too fluffy for me. When I heard she was coming out with a horror book, I made a promise to myself that I would at least TRY it. All this time later, I still haven't read it. It looks creepy & I'm in love with that cover.

4. The Waking Dark by Robin Wasserman. I've heard good & bad things about this one, yet it is still on my TBR. It does look creepy and even though I tried reading it once, I want to eventually give it another shot because it really didn't grab me the first time.

5. Blood and Salt by Kim Ligget. I just went back and reread the synopsis for this book, and holy crap, it looks AWESOME. I really need to get a copy of this super creepy sounding book and read it.


Have you read any of the books on our lists?

1 comment

  1. I hope you love them! I read a Kim Liggett book earlier this year and really liked it.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete