Top Ten Tuesday: Best Villains

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl
This week we're talking about our favorite villains

Bekka's Picks
I decided that I was going to narrow this list down to the best villains I've read about in 2018. I read a lot of fantasy, so villains are pretty abundant, and I didn't want to risk repeating answers that I've said before. 

 1. The villain from The Loneliest Girl in the Universe by Lauren James. So telling you much about this villain would be a pretty big spoiler. But I have to say, they were very scary and it was a lot of fun watching it all go down. I wish the motive could have been a little better but that's fine.
2. AIDAN from the Illuminae Files by Jay Kristoff and Amie Kaufman. Aidan, the AI, is the perfect... antihero I guess. He does particularly awful things, villainous things, in the name of saving our main characters. His voice is absolutely CHILLING, all the way to the bone. "Am I not merciful?" will never stop being terrifying to me.
3. The Swans from Blanca y Roja by Anna-Marie McLemore. First of all, birds terrify me, so let's get that out in the open lol. But I think the way they were so cold and unfeeling and knew they were going to win in the end really made them scary to me, even though I don't think they were supposed to be haha.
4. Legend from the Caraval series by Stephanie Garber. He's not scary or anything, but he's a great villain. He's a master of disguise, a master manipulator, and always has something up his sleeve.
5. Nurse Joya and all the medical staff from Nightingale by Amy Lukavics. Usually in asylum horror, the patients are supposed to be the scary ones. But in this, it was the medical staff. They were abusive and terrifying and there was that horrible feeling of knowing there was no escape. So, so scary.
 

4 comments

  1. AIDAN is perfect for this! Sometimes his super logical moves are just the most ruthless and scary. Shiver.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read any of these! Nightingale has been added to my TBR though - abusive, scary medical staff in an asylum? Sounds so intriguing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Legend is a brilliant villain!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2018/10/23/top-ten-tuesday-182/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still need to read Obsidio. I really liked the other books in that series.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete