Top Ten Tuesday: Authors We'd Love to Meet

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl
This week we're talking about authors we'd like to meet

Bekka's Picks
I'm lucky enough to live near a city that has seen a ton of YA author tours. I also used to live right outside of Philadelphia, too. And a train ride from NYC. And I've been to a good number of BEAs. Which means I'm lucky enough to say I've met a ton of my favorite authors. Truth be told, though, I have social anxiety and meeting authors is always a very draining task for me; it always ends with my over-analyzing every word I said that night and then wanting to disappear into the floor forever and never, ever see them again. But anyway, here is a small list of authors I'd really, really like to meet.
1. Amy Lukavics. Not only do I love her books, but she seems like the coolest person? I follow her across social media and she's always posting about horror stuff, her kids, roller derby, and making creepy art. I want to meet her and do all these things lol.
2. JK Rowling. I know she's pretty much awful these days, but getting her to sign my books is baby Bekka's dream. Getting her to sign my first editions will pay for Rosie's education. 
3. Robin LaFevers. Her series, His Fair Assassin, is what inspired me to start writing. I mean, I always wrote fanfiction before, but reading Grave Mercy kind of cracked open my writing world and it was the book that made me think that maybe there was a place for the kinds of characters I like to write. Would I actually say all of this to her? Probably not because I'm the most awkward person on earth, but I'd think it!
4. Louise Rennison. I know that this is impossible now and I find it completely heartbreaking. I basically grew up with Georgia and Rennison's trademark style and sense of humor were seminal to the personality I have today. I talk the way I talk because of Louise Rennison, I am the way I am about a lot of things because of her.
5. Jay Kristoff. This one is silly, but I've met Amie Kaufman twice now when she was touring with Meagan Spooner. This means that my Illuminae series is half-signed. So please, Jay, come to NC and sign my books so I can stop feeling off-kilter about them lol.

Alexia's Picks
Unlike Bekka, I have not been lucky enough to meet any of my favorite authors. Usually I love living in Northern California, but I do fantasize about moving to Southern California mostly because of all the book events. Granted, the cost of living there would be INSANE and I'd be eating ramen noodles 24/7, but sometimes I think it would be worth it.

1. Robin Talley. I think by now, you all know I am such a ginormous fan of hers. I would absolutely love to meet her and talk/gush about all the books she's written and how much I adore all of them. In reality though, I'd probably get massively tongue-tied, and not say anything to her.

2. Suzanne Young. Yet another author whose books I'm obsessed with. Her Program series is still one of my all time favorite series. I would love to just sit with her and talk about it. Well let's be honest, I'd probably ramble on and on about it and then totally embarrass myself in front of her.

3. Stephanie Garber. Now, I've actually had the chance to meet her TWICE, but both times my heart health wasn't the greatest and I lacked any kind of energy to go see her. I would love to meet her and get copies of Caraval & Legendary signed. I'd probably have her sign my Caraval ARC that Bekka sent me as well.

4. Dahlia Adler. Now she is not only one of my favorite authors, but also one of my favorite people. I still really need to read her NA series and I cannot believe that I haven't yet. I read 3 of her books and one of them in particular really helped me. In fact I have a magnet version of that book cover on my refrigerator.

5. Jessica Verdi. I have paperbacks of all of her books, except one of them and that one is an ARC that she signed and sent me about 3 years ago. I've been a diehard fan of hers from the first time I read one of her books. Plus she just seems like the COOLEST person ever.

Do we have any authors in common?

No comments