Culling My Review Pile



A couple of weeks ago, I got the itch to go through my review pile and really think about the books that were still sitting either on my bookshelf or on my Kindle. I really had to think about why I requested each of them and if I was still interested in reading them. And truth be told, there were a lot of books on the review list that I just have no interest in reading anymore, for various reasons.

I don't know why it never occurred to me before, but I started a Goodreads shelf that I named "Lost Interest" and I was able to unload 25 review books onto that shelf. And I allowed myself to relax. I still have a LOT of books on my shelf & on my Kindle, but getting rid of 25 review books that I no longer have interest in, allows me to breathe a little bit.

I would love to say that I had a list of things the book needed to have in order to stay off the "Lost Interest" shelf, but for probably the first time in a long time, I didn't use a list. I went off my gut. My gut is pretty reliable and I can usually trust it. So I'm trusting it now and hoping that one of those "Lost Interest" books wouldn't have been a new favorite and hoping I don't absolutely loathe any of the books that stayed on my review pile.

I might do another round at the end of the summer, but it depends on how my summer goes and how many review books I actually accumulate. I think if I do another round, I'll be even more cutthroat than I was this time around.

2 comments

  1. That's a good idea. I feel like I have a million review books too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really starting to feel overwhelming, so I needed to do this.

      Delete