Most Anticipated: July 2018


Most Anticipated is a (usually) monthly feature here where I talk about the books I'm excited about for the upcoming month. This is by no means an exhaustive list of all releases, but just the ones I'm most looking forward to!

Bright We Burn by Kiersten White [Goodreads]
This is by far my most anticipated release of 2018. I've been following this trilogy from the beginning and I love every single word of it. I can't wait to see what happens next. I've missed these characters so much!

Sea Witch by Sarah Henning [Goodreads]
I am loving all of the mermaid and siren books coming out lately. This one is an Ursula ORIGIN STORY. How exciting is that?? I think this is going to be amazing and the perfect summer read for my reading tastes too. 

Heaert of Thorns by Bree Barton [Goodreads]
This wasn't really on my radar until recently, when a book subscription box announced they would be including it. And it sounds bad ass! Sort of a take on witch hunts almost? The magic sounds really cool and I can't wait to dive in.

The Darkest Legacy by Alexandra Bracken [Goodreads]
So I've only actually read one book in this series so far. But I follow the author on Instagram and have been following her journey of writing this book for sooo long now, that I feel so hyped about its release anyway. 

Contagion by Erin Bowman [Goodreads]
I don't know a whole lot about this book's plot, except what I can glean from the title and the first few sentences of the blurb. I know there's a plague and that's about it, and going in I want to know as little as possible for some reason. Even knowing so little,  I know it's going to be great because it's Erin Bowman.

Hull Metal Girls by Emily Skrutskie [Goodreads]
This sounds soooo good! Not only does crazy cyborgs in space sound epic, but there's so much else going on that I don't even know where to start. First of all, there's apparently lots of great queer rep (one of the characters I know for sure is asexual, but I'm not sure about the others.) Also, female friendships for the win! I loved the author's first series and I know this is going to be great too.

The Cheerleaders by Kara Thomas [Goodreads]
This book just hits all of my aesthetic buttons. Cheerleaders, blood, YA thrillers. I want this to be so great. I had a hard time with the author's debut and I didn't even try her second one (not yet, anyway) but this is just calling to me.

Notes From My Captivity by Kathy Parks [Goodreads]
I used to really like this type of book when I first got into YA, but I haven't read from the genre in a while. That said, I love the cover and the synopsis sounds so intriguing. I have an ARC that I totally plan on getting to soon. I hope it's great!



What releases are you looking forward to in July?

1 comment

  1. I'm looking forward for The Sea Witch and The Cheerleaders too! I've been gravitating towards darker books lately.

    Tasya // The Literary Huntress

    ReplyDelete