Book Review: Little Monsters by Kara Thomas

Book Title & Author: Little Monsters by Kara Thomas
Published by: Delacorte Press on July 25th, 2017
Genre: Contemporary
Pages: 336
Format: Hardcover
Source: Purchased
Goodreads
🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
Synopsis:
Kacey is the new girl in Broken Falls. When she moved in with her father, she stepped into a brand-new life. A life with a stepbrother, a stepmother, and strangest of all, an adoring younger half sister.
Kacey’s new life is eerily charming compared with the wild highs and lows of the old one she lived with her volatile mother. And everyone is so nice in Broken Falls—she’s even been welcomed into a tight new circle of friends. Bailey and Jade invite her to do everything with them.

Which is why it’s so odd when they start acting distant. And when they don’t invite her to the biggest party of the year, it doesn’t exactly feel like an accident.

But Kacey will never be able to ask, because Bailey never makes it home from that party. Suddenly, Broken Falls doesn’t seem so welcoming after all—especially once everyone starts looking to the new girl for answers.

Kacey is about to learn some very important lessons: Sometimes appearances can be deceiving. Sometimes when you’re the new girl, you shouldn’t trust anyone.
 

Review:
I don't know why it took me so long to buy this book. Especially knowing how obsessed I was with The Darkest Corners. When I got this book at the beginning of June, I didn't wait too long before I jumped into it. I knew almost immediately that I was going to love it.I on;y intended to read a little bit of it at a time in order to savor it. Whelp, I read the entire thing in one afternoon.

I had so many questions. About Kacey, Bailey and Jade. Not to mention Kacey's siblings: Stepbrother Andrew & half sister Lauren. Add in her stepmother, Ashley & her father who she barely knows and Kacey's circle was filled with intrigue.

I had my suspicions on who was responsible for Bailey's disappearance from the beginning, but like a truly awesome thriller, my suspicions were challenged and sometimes outright disproved along the way. I loved the ride I was on. I kept coming up with crazier and crazier theories that could fit and would explain Bailey's disappearance. 

This book made it impossible for me to trust anyone. I basically accused everyone in some way or the other. Because of the hints we got about Kacey's previous life with her mom, I actually thought it was her for a long time. Certain things come to light that made me rethink my suspicions.

Plotwise, this book was PERFECT. Like I said, it kept me guessing, kept my suspicions up & nearly constantly changing.

I want so much to keep talking about this book, but I really want to avoid spoilers, so I'll keep this review short and just tell you all to read it if you haven't already.

Final thoughts: If you like thrillers that keep you guessing, pick up this book.

1 comment

  1. This one sounds amazing! I've heard amazing reviews but I don't really read thrillers so I barely paid this book attention, but I'll be bumping this book up on my tbr now!

    Tasya // The Literary Huntress

    ReplyDelete